Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Have A Dream...

...and it isn't meant to mock Dr. Martin Luther King. I've had that Regina Spektor song "Real Love" stuck in my head ("stuck" carries a poor connotation; let's just say it's been on a continuously pleasant loop) for the last couple of days. And today, while listening to that song in my head, I have this vision: A bunch of friends laying on a couch; intertwined but comfortable, not sitting stiffly side-by-side; blankets on those who want them. It would be cool or cold outside, making it reasonable for everyone to be inside cozied up to one another. And nobody would be talking. Not necessarily silent; there might be that song playing or some other soothing, melodic music. But no one would utter a word. For maybe an hour. Those who felt inclined to nap would do so. Those who wanted a foot rub or massage of some sort would receive one. Those who just want to lay back and have someone stroke their hair would be permitted to do so. It would be peaceful and warm and dreamy. I realize this echos the sentiments of a couple of earlier posts, but it's a bit different. It has a feeling of utter contentment, if only for a while. And total understanding without having to voice it. I suppose "intimacy" would be a good word. Anyway, it was just a dream I had on a rainy Wednesday afternoon...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your dream & I'd love to be a part of it.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

perfection. Why can't more people think like that?

Anonymous said...

and PS? According to the FaFaRazzi thing on the right bottom of your page, you are my appendix. Lindsay's Appendix. Congratulations.

Nick said...

I know a handful of people who think like that and I love them dearly. Glad to hear there's another one of us out there. :)

I am quite honored to be your appendix. Though once thought to be a meaningless organ, now researchers say there may be a use for it yet. I hope I've added some sort of usefulness to your life...