Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happiness Is...




* Putting on a sweater and grabbing a hot cup of cocoa on a chilly Autumn morning in a chilly office.




* Leaving work early on a rainy, dreary day--and spending part of the afternoon in a cozy coffee shop with a friend.




* Getting home from work early and watching Jeopardy!--and knowing a bunch of the answers.




* Having a boss that is cool with letting me leave early on occasion.




* My son telling me about how his football coach went off when some players informed him they would miss the next game because of a school band event--and then realizing that he will get a lot more playing time because of their absence.




* Anticipating a new, free phone, certain to arrive this afternoon.




* Finding one of my favorite cool-weather shirts at the bottom of my closet.




* Leaving the window cracked to allow the cool air in and wearing my favorite adidas jogging pants while watching playoff baseball.




* Finishing up a good book--and anticipating the next one.




* Stretching out sore hamstrings.




* Congratulating (and being congratulated by) my co-worker daily on KU winning the national basketball championship.




* Being so efficient at my job that I can take the time to come up with these little tidbits and write them up during office hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Going to the theater to see the Lion King with your granddaughter & having both of us in total awe of the production!
xoxoxo