Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Favorite Songs from My 25 Favorite Bands

John Hiller recently mentioned an interesting project to me. He and some other folks were talking about making a CD consisting of the one favorite song of their top 25 favorite bands. I've been thinking about this off and on for a couple of weeks and I finally came up with a list. My list is in no particular order. Feel free to share your own list or comment on mine. Or both. It's really up to you. That's the miracle we call the "World Wide Web".


1. U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name
2. Coldplay - Clocks
3. The Police - Message In A Bottle
4. Beck - Nobody's Fault But My Own
5. Alannis Morrisette - Still
6. Sheryl Crow - Riverwide
7. The Beatles - Daytripper
8. The Doors - Break On Through
9. Bob Marley and the Wailers - Could You Be Loved
10. Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer
11. Jim Croce - Rapid Roy the Stock Car Boy
12. R.E.M. - Orange Crush
13. Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
14. Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
15. Van Morrison - Moondance
16. Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
17. The Eagles - Already Gone
18. Billy Joel - Travelin' Prayer
19. Neil Young - Old Man
20. Elton John - I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues
21. The Mamas and the Papas - Creeque Alley
22. Aerosmith - What It Takes
23. Willie Nelson - Pancho & Lefty
24. Frank Sinatra - Summer Wind
25. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Runnin' Down a Dream

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting mix of music. This gives people a unique insight to who you are, Nick.

Anonymous said...

how excited i was when i saw this on music..since that and seinfeld are two of our favorite topics. so here's my top 25..though i could have made it my top 1000:
1.eric clapton - tears in heaven
2.josh groban- to where you are
3.jewel - stand
4.bette midler - boogie woogie bugle boy of company b
5.amy grant - hark the herald angels sing
6.celine dion - theme from titanic
7.michael bolton - dock of the bay
8.barry manilow - mandy
9.sonny & cher - i got you babe
10.bread - baby i'm a want you
11.jimmy spheeris - isle of view
12.bee gees - saturday night fever
13.aaron tipin - got to stand for something
14.elton john - candle in the wind
15.patsy cline - crazy
16.glen miller - in the mood
17. kenny loggins - house at poo corner
18.harry chapin - taxi
19. heart - dreamboat annie
20.garth brooks - unanswered prayers
21.john denver - take me home country roads
22.barry white - first, my last, my everything
23.johjn mayer - daughters
24.aretha franklin - pink cadillac
25.mama's & papa's - california dreamin

Anonymous said...

Aunt Bea,
Your list is just as diverse, however I seem to know more of the artists & titles on your list. lol

Nick said...

Very interesting list. I originally had Crazy by Patsy Cline on my list, but it was a last minute casualty. What's more interesting is the fact that we only have 2 corresponding artists (Elton John and Mamas & Papas), yet I count you as my main musical influence in life...

Anonymous said...

what i should let you know is that there are many on your list that i would have included on mine, however, i wanted to show diversity. such as simon & garfunkel..my pic is bridge over troubled water because i've had many bridges in my life that have saved me from the rapidly rising waters. jim croce...working at the carwash on a saturday blues, this song saved me from my first job..and helped me write...working at the factory on a saturday blues. just thought i'd let you know..we really are on the same page. ;^)